40 Money Affirmations to Improve your Money Mindset
If you’ve heard about money affirmations you’re probably a little intrigued. You might have come across people mentioning that positive affirmations and mantras have changed their lives, and helped them to create wealth, abundance, or achieve their wildest dreams.
If like me, you are a little skeptical, you’re probably thinking… but how?
In this post we’re going to dig deeper into positive affirmations, particularly positive financial affirmations, to see how they can be used to help us shift our money mindsets for the better.
What are Positive Affirmations?
Affirmations are positive statements that help us to retrain our minds. We may have grown up holding certain beliefs, and it takes effort and consistency to re-program our brains to unlearn these opinions about ourselves and the world around us.
We know that having a positive mental attitude can be beneficial to success. By being open to opportunities, always looking for chances to win, and exuding positive energy, a person is more likely to achieve their goals, whatever the circumstances.
Essentially, by looking for the positives in every situation, you are much more likely to find them.
Similarly, positive affirmations can increase a person’s self-worth, confidence, and self-belief, allowing them to reach their full potential. The purpose of affirmations is to focus on the good and replace any negative beliefs or self-talk.
You Might Like: 28 Best Things to Sell at School to Make Money
Examples of Positive Affirmations
Some examples of positive affirmations could include;
- I am strong.
- I can do anything I put my mind to.
- I am loved.
Affirmations can also be more particular depending on your goals and individual needs. For example, if you are struggling with anxiety, you could try repeating affirmations to help with this specifically.
Examples of positive affirmations for those with Anxiety
- I am safe and secure.
- I acknowledge that this is anxiety and it is temporary.
- I inhale the good and exhale the bad.
However if self-confidence is an area that needs work, then affirmations specifically focusing on confidence-building could be beneficial.
Examples of positive affirmations for Self-Confidence
- I am doing my best.
- I deserve everything I have accomplished.
- My imperfections make me unique, and I love them.
You might like: Wagamama Discounts & Money Saving Tips
What are Money Affirmations?
Money affirmations are essentially positive money thoughts.
Think back to your childhood years… Do you remember hearing phrases such as ‘Money doesn’t grow on trees!’ or ‘We’re not made of money!’
Repeatedly hearing and internalizing these phrases, which are negative affirmations, can affect your beliefs regarding finances and can lead to a scarcity mindset in relation to money.
Hearing these statements over and over creates a narrative that ‘money has always and will always be tight’, and that there is ‘never enough money’. Subconsciously these statements can shape your thoughts and expectations for your own life and future wealth.
Positive money affirmations can help to re-evaluate your money mindset and change any deep-rooted negative beliefs or attitudes.
Examples of Money Making Affirmations
Some examples of money affirmations include:
- I am worthy of wealth.
- I enjoy a happy relationship with money.
You Might Like: The Ultimate Low Buy Year Guide for 2023
Do Money Affirmations work?
If you want something enough, you will take the steps towards making it happen. Therefore, the first step is to train your thoughts; encourage positivity, and eliminate those pesky negative beliefs. As Ru Paul would say… this is your inner saboteur talking!
You don’t want to be delusional of course. It’s going to require action to reach your goals, but firstly believing that you can and will reach your goals is really important.
How should I use Money Affirmations?
By taking time to intentionally repeat your affirmations each day over a consistent period, should allow your brain to subconsciously begin to absorb these positive messages. This can be done in front of a mirror, when putting on make-up, washing your face or during your skincare routine, for instance.
Take a few minutes each day to repeat your chosen statements, and see if doing so can gradually help to replace negative thought patterns or overly critical self-talk.
Can Money Affirmations make you rich?
Affirmations alone can’t make you rich. Sorry. If it was that easy, we’d all be millionaires!
However, having a positive mental attitude is crucial to financial success, whether you are paying off debt, starting a new business or working towards your own version of financial freedom.
Let’s think about some real life examples. If you are working towards paying off debt, but you constantly tell yourself “What’s the point? My parents were in debt their whole lives, and I too will always be in debt.” How likely is it that you will actually see your debt free journey through?
Or if you are setting up a business, and tell yourself every single day that it will fail… it probably will.
On the other hand, you could take a few minutes every day to remind yourself ‘I am working hard and deserve to be out of debt!’, or ‘I am going to make this business work!’
There is no guarantee, but it is much more likely that with positive thought and self-belief, positive action will follow.
What are the Best Affirmations for Money?
40 Money Affirmations to Switch up your Money Mindset
Here are 40 examples of money affirmations to get you into a better money mindset and ready to attract abundance!
10 Wealth Building and Abundance Mindset Affirmations
- I can make more money
- Money comes to me in unexpected ways.
- Life has an infinite supply of abundance
- I grab every opportunity that comes my way with both hands
- I am becoming more driven to build wealth every day.
- The more I learn about money, the more it comes my way.
- My bank account grows every day!
- There is plenty of abundance to go around.
- I am already wealthy in so many different ways.
- There is more than enough.
10 Affirmations to Inspire Financial Freedom
- I will be financially free.
- I choose a prosperity mindset.
- I am free to take risks.
- I have created and am continuing to develop multiple sources of income.
- The more money comes to me, the easier it is to reach financial freedom!
- I am the architect of my life.
- I feel hopeful about my financial future.
- There is no limit to the amount of money I can earn.
- I am building passive income streams to help me live a prosperous life.
- I am good at building wealth.
10 Affirmations for Success
- I look for the best in others and am grateful for all the good things coming into my life now!
- I am living life on my own terms.
- I believe in myself!
- I am making my dreams come true.
- I can live my dream life.
- I believe I can achieve anything I set my mind to.
- I will continue to learn and grow
- My success is contagious
- I work hard and deserve to be successful
- I can achieve my goals
10 Money Saving Affirmations
- Today, I will think of new ways to save.
- I am good at saving money.
- I feel happy while saving
- I am always finding new ways to save money
- I watch my savings increase every day.
- I am growing my savings and investments.
- I manage my finances wisely
- I can have fun and budget at the same time.
- I can save for my goals.
- I enjoy saving money.
Final thoughts: Money Affirmations to Improve your Money Mindset
Money affirmations can be useful tools that can really help you shift your mindset and relationship with personal finances. These statements are not a magical quick fix however, and I would be wary of anyone proposing solutions that claim to work ‘instantly’. After all, you will still need to do the work!
Getting into the right headspace to feel motivated to achieve your goals is half the battle, and I think affirmations can help to switch up some long held beliefs and encourage positive change.
I hope you find these affirmations helpful!